Monday, March 4, 2013

Creative Public Holiday in W.A.


Today I finally completed my little February project of a cross stitch that was in a new gorgeous UK magazine I discovered at 'Fossick Handmande' called 'Mollie Makes'. It's design is mounted on a 12 inch embroidery hoop and was created by Kimberly Scola who works under the label chez-sucre-chez. Kimberly designs modern cross stitch and embroidery which are a little bit of fun. I am still working away on my labour of love, Charles Wysocki's 'Maggie the Mess Maker", but thought this might be a good small project to do. I chose black adia as Kalgoorlie's craft suppliers dictated either white, off-white, white or one piece of black! I'm looking forward to doing some of my own freestyle type embroidery later this year (one I knock over some more of the Wysocki project!). It will no doubt use the medium bright colours that I have been drawn to in 2013 and am incorporating into my OLW projects.
 
 
 
Speaking of OLW, the March prompt came out on Friday and I put it together today. It is the same March prompt of 2012 and although it looks boring (one page and journaling), it is actually quite thought provoking for a project this month. There is no requirement to, but I've incorporated mine into my intention I put down for March, back in January, and that is to "create sustainability". Riding my bike for little errands, reducing waste, and making a little veggie patch. It should be interesting to see how it goes. I rode my bike to the store today, only to wheel the bike inside this afternoon (it is kept inside because of an absence of a lockable shed) and find I now have a flat front tyre! The irony has not been lost on me and I can now add "repair bike" to my list of things to do next weekend.
I won't give up...
 

1 comment:

Nic Mitchell said...

The cross stitch looks great Kristy! Well done. x